29/12/2012

everybody's changing and I'm no exception.

Now that this year is steadily drawing hurtling to a close, I find myself reflecting on the past twelve months and realising I don't really have a clue who I am any more.
Well okay perhaps that's a tad melodramatic, but I've certainly noticed some changes in myself. Ones that perhaps a past version of me would slowly shake her head at my present self for allowing, but at this moment in time I can happily say I'm content with the transitions that have occurred. I used to have views and opinions that governed my very existence, strict rules.
  • Thou shalt not wear 'onesies', they are horrific and for babies only.
  • Thou shalt not listen to or remotely appreciate the musical stylings of The View.
  • Thou shalt not wear leggings as trousers.
  • Thou shalt not make such a fuss over Lord of The Rings and Star Wars.
  • Thou shalt never utter the phrase 'YOLO'.
2012 has seen me break all of these rules. Every last one. 

As I type up this post whilst wearing the reindeer onesie my sister bought me for Christmas that I instantly fell head over heels for, I can't help but wonder how I ended up at this point in my life. I'm also curious as to why I'm writing this piece and reading over it in my head in the style of both Tyler Durden and Dave Lizewski in their respective narrative films. Neither of these ponderings do I have the patience or the motivation to answer, as to be perfectly honest the only reason I'm writing this is to avoid finishing up my application for uni, as I'm terrified of pressing that always ominous submit button.

So, please humour my train of thought as it spirals madly out of control. My head is somewhere else entirely.

The delivery of my sister's H&M S/S catalogue really forced it to hit home that Winter is ending. As one of my favourite seasons, it comes hand in hand with my favourite lines of fashion. Thick pieces of clothing in burgundys and plums and chocolates and forest greens and the staple black make up 90% of my wardrobe, so inevitably this sudden influx of pastels and florals unsettled me at first glance. But I would be lying out of my derrière if I said I didn't enjoy letting my sickeningly feminine side show, despite often trying to tone it down in my daily life in order to not appear any more like a 10 year old. This is why I'm taking this particular blog post in a different direction to my usual ramblings, compiling a wishlist of Spring inspired pieces that I cannot wait to invest in next year. 


The dress is an absolute beauty, I'm not huge on the garish floral patterns that seem to be predicted as next Spring's trend, so a subtler pattern and texture such as this one is ideal for me. It's a truly gorgeous neutral tone, which would allow it to be accessorised with any number of different colours. But of course being extreme with my clothing has never been in my nature, so I would probably just team it with a pair of tights or a similar shade of chunky over-knee socks, such as the ones in my compilation.
Regarding footwear, I've had my eye on a pair of Chelsea boots for a very long time now, and despite the fact they're more of an Autumn shoe, with the amount I walk and the less than pleasant Scottish weather, they would do my feet so many more favours than a pair of easily worn down ballet pumps.
I'm a huge fan of blazers, and due to my unhealthy fascination with the fashion style of Caggie Dunlop, I so badly want one of the tweed variety. I would probably purchase one that's deliberately oversized so it could act as more of a coat than a blazer, and as soon as I have money to spare I'm on the lookout for one on ebay, or if I'm lucky I might come across one in a charity shop!
The bag is my favourite piece. At only a fiver on ebay (can you tell I spend too much time browsing that website?), it's so lovely and cute and - dare I say it - quirky, that I absolutely need one. Asian items are forever on my list of most wanted.
And last but certainly not least, I already have a similar shade to this nail polish but I've heard nothing but wonderful things about Essie products, and it must surely be of a better quality than the Primark brand I'm currently donning. The range of colours they offer are all so lovely, and an investment in a bottle or five is one I should look into as soon as possible.


I swear I'll talk about something a tad more intellectual and insightful next time.

1 comment:

  1. nice clothes *_* your blog is very good and interesting. im glad if you visit my blog, too <3

    xx
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete